What does it take to write a good plagiarism-free culture essay? Put simply, such pieces are long and short essays that explore the unique characteristics of different cultures, their importance, and influences on society. This page has been created to assist you with writing an A+ academic paper or preparing for exams and IELTS essays. For your convenience, it contains dozens of culture essay examples for school and university students. These examples cover different aspects of culture, ranging from the history of traditions to country-specific perspectives on family relationships. Hopefully, they will give you valuable guidance when it comes to choosing from the diversity of fascinating topics.
Essays on Culture: Choosing a Topic
How to choose a culture-related topic that you will be able to address successfully? Most importantly, consider the assignment’s requirements:
- The number of pages – for papers shorter than 8-10 pages, don’t make the topic overly broad;
- Personal opinion is appropriate (for instance, cultural identity essays) – choose cultural phenomena you are familiar with;
- Research-based content – construct a debatable claim about culture.
Popular Culture: Interesting Topics for Your Consideration
Working on culture essays is a good way to expand one’s horizon and fill in some knowledge gaps. Common topics related to popular culture might include the following:
- Social media culture: influences on written and spoken language in the U.S.;
- The political culture of the U.S. and social media;
- Pros and cons of cultural globalization;
- Representations of corporate cultures in popular movies.
World Culture Essay Topics
Focusing on a specific country in your essay is conducive to developing a deeper understanding of particular cultures’ characteristics. Every culture has unique elements that you may wish to explore in your written work. Researching some cultures with special attention to stereotypes and misconceptions is another valuable opportunity for knowledge development. In terms of culture, there are endless options since the concept includes almost everything that a large group of people creates. You may wish to focus on particular historical artifacts, customs, celebrations, films, cartoons, cuisine, religion, and handiwork. Some topics are:
- Indigenous music as part of modern Australian culture;
- The culture of Canada: American, French, and British influences;
- Religious celebrations in France: modern-day Candlemas traditions;
- Role of Qigong in Chinese culture;
- Japan: How anime has impacted the animation industry;
- Asian cuisine in the United States: reasons for popularity;
- South Korean popular culture: K-pop as a cultural phenomenon;
- Iraqi culture: truth and myths about the honor culture;
- Representation of Indian cultural values in popular Bollywood movies;
- Distinctive features of modern-day Egyptian culture;
- Food customs in Turkey;
- Masculinity and femininity in Iranian culture;
- The Day of the Dead and attitudes to death in Mexican culture;
- Ethiopian culture: Azmari musicians;
- Role of tea traditions in Sri Lankan culture;
- Religious diversity in Singapore;
- Cultural and religious roots of the Tuli tradition in the Philippines;
- Nepali culture: the Sagun ceremony;
- Hand-made jewelry in African culture: symbolic meanings of color and specific materials;
- My cultural identity and its role in socialization;
- Being an ethnic minority student: cultural conflicts and how to handle them.
Our team hopes that the listed ideas and tips will enable you to produce high-quality written assignments for your classes. Feel stuck having to discuss a culture-related topic from a unique perspective? Then search our database of essays on culture. These free papers for students can promote new learning while inspiring you as a writer.