In general, an essay about parts of the world may be defined as a particular type of geographical essay, in which a writer focuses on the peculiarities of four continents: America, Australia, Afro-Eurasia, and Antarctica. In a parts of the world essay, a student may address the human or physical geography of either the most familiar or the most unexplored territories of the Earth. As a matter of fact, the majority of difficulties in writing an essay on parts of the world are connected with the breadth of this topic. Fortunately, our website provides more than 100 essay samples to help you generate new ideas and find inspiration for work.
How to Write an Efficient Parts of the World Essay?
As previously mentioned, essays about parts of the world are not limited by the specificity of a particular theme, format, or purpose of writing. These essays may be devoted to lands, inhabitants, phenomena, and features of Earth. They may describe wildlife in different parts of the world or address human life in various countries. An essay may be informative, comparative, or even argumentative and persuasive if a particular issue is addressed. Thus, there are no fixed standards of a parts of the world essay’s structure or length. For instance, the essay in which a writer compares continents’ climate to determine the best place for the cultivation of crops may be the following:
- Introduction (In the introduction, it is essential to identify the topic if the whole essay: what crops will be address and the climate of what continents and countries will be examined. The introduction may include the purpose of the essay and the main thesis (the climate of what territory is the most suitable).);
- Body paragraph 1: The climate of the first chosen territory and its suitability for cultivation
- Body paragraph 2: The climate of the second chosen territory and its suitability for cultivation
- Body paragraph 3: The climate of the third chosen territory and its suitability for cultivation. The number of body paragraphs is determined by the number of world parts chosen for the comparison
- Conclusion: The conclusion should include a brief summary and a final statement that support an essay’s main thesis.
Essential Tips for Writing an Essay on Parts of the World
- Properly select the topic. As there are multiple themes included in the category of parts of the world essays, it is necessary for a writer to choose the topic clearly – it should provide an opportunity for reflection and in-depth analysis.
- Plan the whole work in advance. Even with a chosen topic, it may be challenging to decide what information will exactly be included in a paper and how it will be presented. Thus, a well-elaborated outline of an essay will help a student to structure his work.
- Follow the rules of academic writing. It is necessary to remember that an essay on parts of the world is a scientific work. Thus, an essay should be plagiarism-free, any informal expressions should be avoided along with personal pronouns in the case when the writer’s opinion is not required.
It goes without saying that writing an essay about parts of the world may be a challenging, though highly interesting task. In the majority of cases, when a topic is not defined, it allows students to demonstrate their knowledge and academic writing skills in areas of their interest.